I am not sure if you have noticed from Instagram that I am heads over heels in love with my Teeny Weeny Afro. Its like that overwhelming feeling that you get when you watch someone/ something grow. I have seen my hair grow from the “barely-there phase” to “almost-there” and now at the “there-there”phase. I must admit I have loved every single day of these phases. On that note, I will be making a year on 3rd November- to be exact next week on Tuesday- since my big chop.
Today I am sharing with you my go-to TWA style that is effortless, chic and yet very daring. If you are in non conservative environment or the daring type, I suggest you try out this simple DIY look.
You will need three items, I mean only three items and of course your hands.
- An old cotton tee-shirt
- Moulding gel/ hair beewax
- Gel to lay your edges ( You could skip this if your edges are loyal)
- Start with dry clean hair and sparingly apply bee wax to all your hair- only hair not scalp and do not over do it because it will require lots of energy to attain the desired hair style.
- Using the old cotton tee-shirt, start rubbing your hair in clock-wise motion. This will be like you are trying to dry your hair. The clock-wise motion is going to help with creating the curl pattern. It will give your hair that rugged yet daring look.
- Its important you do this in section, that is left front, left back right front and right back sections. These sections will simplify the task.
- If you have achieved the required curl pattern or look, go ahead and lay your edges.
- Voila you have it.
Let me know if you get to attempt this.
Happy Natural hair journey and thanks for stopping by and please follow me on Bloglovin