When life throws you a handful of ripe bananas, make a sweet banana smoothie or a mouth-watering banana-banana cake. Ooh how better can I phrase this? Yesterday I noticed that almost all my bananas in the fruit basket were so ripe so I rekindled my baking routines.
For this recipe you will need
- 125g butter- I used less of butter and more or vegetable oil margarine
- 1 cup (200g) white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon or vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups (185g) self-raising flour
- A baking tray
- 3 mixing bowls and cutlery to help you prepare the ingredients
- A pre- heat oven at 190C
/Preparation: 10min/ Cook: 45minutes/ /Extra time: 5min/ Ready in: 1hour /
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C and slather the baking tray with vegetable oil margarine to avoid your cake from burning- but instead will have a rich caramelized colour in the end.
- In bowl 1: Cream butter and sugar in a bowl until it turns a light colour. Bowl 2: mash banana on a plate and in bowl 3, beat the two eggs and mix the creamed butter, mashed bananas and the eggs together. (The trick is to work with the liquids alone and the solids alone).
- In the big bowl 4 add 185g of all-purpose wheat flour then add one tsp. of cinnamon or vanilla essence (depends on your preference).
- Add your mashed banana mixture into the creamed butter and sugar and mix until combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased and bake for 45 minutes at 190C until cake springs back from a touch in the middle. Cool on cake rack.