I was the type that always found excuses for not having breakfast until I learned that breakfast is the healthiest meal of the day. I am nowadays hooked to three to four quick breakfast ideas that are easy to make and take less than 10 minutes to prepare, here is one of them.
- 80 grams of whole wheat rolled oats
- 50 ml of milk (preferably skimmed milk)
- One ripe banana
- 100 ml of water
- Two strawberries cut into rings
- 1 tbspoonful of sun dried organic raisins
- 1 microwaveable bowl
- Microwave set to 3 minutes
- Mix the oats with milk and water in a microwaveable bowl and place in the microwave for boiling.
- Press the start button. When the mixture starts to boil, hit the stop and remove the bowl from the microwave.
- Top up the bowl with a banana and raisins for sweetness, strawberries to add some color and the much needed vitamins for the day. There you have it.
Oats are rich in fibre, have low in cholesterol level and have antioxidants that reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Since they are whole foods, they also stabilize blood sugars, improve digestion and are filling.
Bananas are rich in potassium, have antioxidants, good for weight loss and weight management, contain vitamin C and other vital nutrients for normal body function.
Bon appetit and enjoy your day,