Ever wanted a quick meal that takes less than 20 minutes to prepare but you are thinking hmmm? This post is for you. Like how the great Hippocrates said: ” Let food be thy medicine and thy medicine be food”. Most times we are weak, suffering from constant colds, headaches among others because of our diets.
The reason why I love quick lunch fixes is because they are fast to prepare, you don’t need sophisticated foods or ingredients , thus cheap and they are filled with the major dietary benefits.
- Two medium sized eggs( in shells)
- Two carrots pealed and cut into cubes
- One red onion, cut into cubes
- A half of bell pepper, ( colour of your choice: I used yellow )
- One ripe round red tomato
- Two table spoons of olive oil (one for making the eggs and another for the vegetables)
- A wok( frying pan)
- Source of heat
- On a quick day, I like my sunny side up (not flipped unbroken yolk eggs). So how I do it is: put a spoonful of extra virgin olive oil to a pan, crack the eggs onto the pan and let the heat do its magic for a minute or two. I let the steam go through the yolk before I can tell that they are ready.
- If some of the oil has remained on the pan, I put the rest of the ingredients ie: cut red onions, cut carrots, cut bell pepper and let them simmer for 2minutes until they are quite tender. If not utilize the second table spoon of olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the vegetables onto the plate with the eggs and top it up with round cut raw tomato strips. ( you could add herbs of your choice onto the tomato strips).
- There you have it .
- I had my lunch with a glass of whole fruit pink smoothie (recipe will be for another day).
- Eggs- contain proteins- body building blocks
- Carrots– contain fibre and vitamins (carotene)
- Extra virgin Olive oil– essential fatty acids that help in immune system normal body function
- This is a perfect meal after a rigorous workout
- This meal serves one person
- Approximately 250 calories which is only 21% of the recommended daily allowance (RDA)
- If eaten with a glass of smoothie ( which is 70 calories more) its 320 calories- 27% RDA
Please let me know what you think about this meal, whether it works for you, or you have tried it.
Thanks for stopping by.